Rosewood and Grace Monthly Goals for August 2017
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission to help keep this site running.
Over the last couple of months I've been so inspired when visiting other blogs. I've seen several bloggers share their monthly goals with their readers and I thought this seemed like such a great idea! Each month I try to set goals for myself anyway, so sharing with you all seems like a great way to keep myself accountable. So without further adieu, here are my goals for the month of August and a recap of my goals and progress in July!
- Post Consistently (3x/week). Didn't even come close to this! Between the whole house being out of commission for a week with the stomach flu and then attending the Haven Conference in Atlanta, I was thrown severely out of my routine and just couldn't post with any consistency at all. Also, I think I've come to realize that 3 posts a week is not realistic for me.
- Grow my subscriber list. I definitely made some progress in this area. Despite my lack of regular posting during the month of July, I managed to grow my subscriber list by 30 new subscribers!
- Expand my blogging network. I can safely say that I met this goal and then some. I attended the Haven Conference in Atlanta and met a ton of bloggers! I also did a guest post on the Life Unplanned blog, so I definitely feel like I met this goal.
- Post Consistently (2x/week). Posting 3x/week will definitely not fit into my schedule, but I'm going to make a very focused effort to post at least twice a week this month.
- Grow my subscriber list. This will continue to be a goal for as long as I continue blogging.
- Yoga 3x/week. Nope. I had good intentions here, but it just didn't happen.
- Meal plan every week. I was partially successful at this. I didn't plan out my meals every week, but for 2 weeks in the month I did.
- In bed by 10. Yes! I was successful at this one every day, including weekends!
- 21 Day Fix. I need to do something to get the ball rolling in terms of weight loss and health improvement, so I signed up for Beachbody on Demand and the first program I'm tackling is the 21 Day Fix. Day 1 kicked my butt. Let's just say it's going to be a long 21 days. 🙂
- Meal plan every week. Since I'm doing the 21 Day Fix, this is something that I absolutely have to do. And so far, planning out meals has been easy since the program provides you with guidelines, a food list, and recipe ideas.
- In bed by 10. I don't think I'll have any problems with this one, but I still want to track it as a goal for the month of August to be sure I keep myself accountable.
- Read The Magnolia Story. I only made it halfway through the book. I'm still working on it though and I'm determined to finish it before the weekend. And there's a good reason for not finishing it yet – it's so good! Seems backwards right? Well the book is so good and their story is told so well, that it's so inspiring and makes you want to get to work on your own projects! So that's exactly what has been happening!
- Make a scrapbook. I would say I only made it about 25% of the way towards this goal. I have my scrapbook, paper, and supplies all ready to go, but I still need to get pictures printed and then actually put it all together.
- Organize My Pantry. Almost done with this! I cleaned out my pantry, painted the walls, and covered all of the shelves with contact paper. I only have a couple of small things to do and it will be fully completed.
- Catch up with friends. This is the only personal goal I want to focus on this month because I haven't been very good about making time for others lately. So this month, I've made plans with several friends already and I'm excited to spend time catching up with them all!
- Put $500 in savings. I fell short on this one and was only able to put $300 in savings this month. This was in large part due to my trip to Atlanta for the Haven Conference, so while I'm a little bummed that I didn't meet this goal, I still think I did pretty well.
- Pay off 1 bill. Met this one! I actually paid off two of our smaller bills in the month of July which was a really nice feeling.
- Make an extra $50. Between ibotta, ThredUp, and VigLink, I made a little more than $50 in the month of July.
- Pay off 1 bill. This one will be a goal again for this month to keep up the momentum in getting out of debt.
- Make an extra $50. I think this will likely be a goal for me every month. It keeps me motivated to hustle a little harder to do what I can to bring in extra funds to get us debt-free faster.
So there you have it! It looks like I'm going to have another busy month ahead of me, but it should be productive and will help to get me in a better place in every facet of my life. Next month I'll follow up with my how I did towards each of my goals, as well as set some new ones!