Rosewood and Grace Monthly Goals for January 2018
A new year means new goals. Well, sort of. My goals for the new year are pretty much a continuation of my goals from the previous year. At this point in my life, I have learned that most New Year's resolutions don't stick for long, so I set goals that are more about continuous personal growth. So if you've been here before, you'll notice that it may not seem like much has changed with my monthly goals post, and you'd be right! My goals pretty much all align to one of four categories: Blog Goals, Health Goals, Personal Goals, and Financial Goals. So let's just jump right in – my goals for January 2018 are:
- Post Consistently (2x/week). December was rough on me. Between the obvious (holidays) and the sickness, I just wasn't able to devote the attention that I needed to the blog. January is looking much better and I've already taken the extra step to plan out my content for the month, so posting consistently should be a much more attainable goal this month.
- Increase my page views. Since last month the blog saw fewer posts, I obviously had far fewer page views. So this month, in addition to posting with consistency, I'd like to work on increasing my pageviews by participating in facebook groups for bloggers, linking up in various link parties, and really putting a concerted effort on my social media.
- No Snoozing. I really want to make an effort to not hit the snooze button 500 times, and actually get up the first time my alarm goes off. This has been a goal of mine in the past, and it's so important that I want to continue to focus on this. With the little one having problems sleeping, this may be a challenge for me, but I'd like to stick it out and see if I can do it.
- Get active most days of the week. I've been struggling with my physical activity for quite some time. I used to be a regular gym-goer and I used to actually get outside and run, but I've really struggled with this once I had my baby. I'm pretty good at making excuses too, especially the “I'm too busy” excuse, so this month I'm making it my top priority to get active again by doing some kind of physical activity on most days of the week.
- Read. I love reading and used to do so all the time, but again, once the baby came along I made the excuse of “I don't have time.” Truth be told, I'm so guilty of “reading” my Instagram feed and Facebook posts before I go to sleep each night, so I'm going to make an effort to replace that bad habit with a book instead.
- Take time for me. The next couple months will likely be slightly less chaotic since we're past the major holidays, but since we've got the big move coming up, the stress-level will still likely be sky high. Lately I haven't been good about taking any time out for myself and have been focusing all of my energy on keeping the house clean and taking care of my family. While those things are important, I need to be sure I'm not overdoing it and taking some time out to relax and mentally recharge as well.
- No spend. This one has already been hard for me as there are so many good sales going on right now! The reason for my no spend goal isn't just to save money, but it's also to make sure we're not bringing more stuff into the house that will just have to be packed away and sent to storage!
So there you have it! It looks like I'm going to have another busy month ahead of me, but it should be productive and will help to get me in a better place in every facet of my life. Next month I'll follow up with my how I did towards each of my goals, as well as set some new ones!